ICS UPDATE FOR XPERIA NEO / NEO V

ICS UPDATE FOR XPERIA NEO / NEO V

Postby done12 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:42 pm

Need your feedback guys regarding the performance of our phones running ICS.

Mine is running just fine. Medyo mabagal siya compare sa ginger bread.
-some changes sa mga icons.
-Gumanda yung default web browser at bumilis.

Cons:
-screen shot parang nawala.
(Press and hold both power-button and volume-down for a few seconds. Release both.)
-mabagal siya compare sa ginger bread

Yun pa lang so far
done12

Re: ICS UPDATE FOR XPERIA NEO / NEO V

Postby done12 » Tue May 01, 2012 8:26 pm

Sa mga may problema sa wifi after ics update, try to repair the update using pc companion.
- regarding 'to sa looping attempt connecting to the network.

Sa may problema nman sa gps, update niyo lng ang "street view" na app. Okay na yun..
-Regarding nman 'to sa maps na app na naghahanap pa ng data connection.

Let's enjoy ICS!!! =)
done12

Postby aioen » Tue May 01, 2012 8:36 pm

bossing meron ka step by step kung pano update yung neo to ICS? or OTA to? Thanks!
aioen

Postby done12 » Tue May 01, 2012 9:06 pm

Sa ngayon arc s, neo v and ray pa lng ang mga models na pwede i-update. End of may/start of june pa ang iba..

Connect niyo lng phone niyo sa pc via usb and check for update. May notification na mag pa-pop up kung available na ang ics update niyo sa phone niyo. Just be patient, as much as posible wait niyo na lng ang official update. Mahirap na pag nagkamali, wala tayong habol.hehehe

If you have any question regarding sa ics update niyo and regarding some issues feel free to ask questions.
Pwede rin kayo mgshare. =)
done12

Postby done12 » Wed May 16, 2012 8:13 pm

If anyone encounters problem after ics update feel fre to ask lang po. =)
done12

Postby casper888 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:30 am

ICS update for neo V please check SI at http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/38386
casper888

Postby done12 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:53 pm

Shown below is the walkman music player plus sound enhancer. your default music player will be replaced by this walkman. very good player. bass is awesome!!! Thanks kung sino man sila.. :D

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1676013
done12

Postby done12 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:26 pm

Try this guys: ginawa ko na ito before...effective ito. :)

I am using a Xperia neo und updated it from Android 2.3.4 to 4.0.4. few days ago. As already known Android 4.0 needs more resources and on Xperia 2011 phones this causes several problems. Since I do not use Facebook, Twitter, many pre-installed apps or widgets they just use unnecessarily phone memory and RAM.

Not before yesterday I found the possibility to deactivate many of the pre-installed apps without root. In the phone settings my phone shows now 240MB free phone memory and 150MB free RAM! Before it was 120MB free phone memory and 90MB RAM. The Android Assistant app from the market shows different values but nevertheless the phone is much faster now and has surely much more free resources available than before.

Just go to Phone Settings > Apps > All

Then click on any pre-installed app - i.e. Chinese Keyboard - which you do not use and click on the Deactivate button. Some apps cannot be deactivated. Just click through all the pre-installed apps and try. Some apps have a clear name and you know what they do. On the others be careful.

For example you can deactivate:

Twitter Extension

Timescape

Talkback

Talk

2nd Gallery

Lets Golf game

Unused widgets

Live wallpapers

Facebook (first deactivate the Facebook extensions then restart the phone and then you will be able to deactivate Facebook as well! Before you cannot deactivate Facebook)

and many, many more.

I have deactivated more than 60 apps or processes and any function I need seems to be still given. Unfortunately I cannot deactivate some apps I also not need at all. For example Video Unlimited. This is not usable in my Country (Austria) but this process is running all the time and consumes many resources. I do also not use the 3D Camera and POBox Touch (I guess this is the Japanese Keyboard which uses 12MB memory!). Hopefully Sony will include these apps into the list of apps which can be deactivated by the user with the next update.

Be careful with the deactivation of some apps. In case you deactivate i.e. the Contact app and you will not have any contacts anymore. In case you activate it later, all contacts are lost (in case you have saved it before onto the memory card you can just save it back to the phone without problems). If you loose a function you need, just activate that app later again.

The possibility of deactivation of pre-installed apps is a very good feature of Android 4.0.4. Most of the apps can be deactivated if not needed. Thanks so much to SONY for this feature!!!

SONY please add more apps into the list of apps which can be deactivated by the user, since apps are installed which are never needed by most of the users (Japanese keyboard and Video unlimited which is not usable in many countries but uses phone resources all the time).
done12

Return to Sony Ericsson